In Order to follow Allah’s commandments, it is not merely enough to worship Allah according to our whims and desires. Rather, the muslim must follow the teachings of the Messenger, may Allah exalt him, and he must follow them with total submission and surrender, for indeed it is the only correct and perfect way. So, whoever worships Allah by other than the teachings of the Prophet has gone against the commandments of Allah.The life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is full of countless examples that show his status as a role model for Muslim societies and individuals. His life is one that was dominated by a superior morality, good habits, noble and gentle feelings and superior skills, all of which are characteristics that help prevent people from getting entangled in a web of sin. The rich and the prosperous, the poor and the needy, the ruler and the ruled, the weak and the lonely, the conqueror and the victorious commander, the teacher and the student, the preacher and the mentor, the merchant and the craftsman, the employer and the employee – in other words, every sort of person can find truths in Prophet Muhammad’s life that constitute an example for them to follow.In conclusion:
- The importance of the status of Prophet Muhammad as a role model is defined in the Holy Quran and in the sunnah; this constitutes one of the foremost practices for Muslims.
- There is no disagreement among Muslims as to the fact that Prophet Muhammad constitutes the best example with his morality, actions, words and other features.
- It would not be correct to demote the Prophet’s status as role model to a limited number of fields. This status is related to all fields of life.
- Prophet Muhammad’s status as role model is important not only from the perspective of the individual, but also from the social perspective. Its binding features and determination of methods must be considered from these two perspectives.
- Prophet Muhammad’s status as role model and the validity of the sunnah are not limited to his life or to a certain time period. The Holy Quran and the notions of the sunnah state this issue clearly, and the fact that Muslim community practices his sunnah is proof of this issue.
- Prophet Muhammad’s status as role model and the continuity of his sunnah are the most important components that provide a unifying force in the Muslim world.
- It is important to study the lives of the Companions in order to understand and comprehend the status of Prophet Muhammad as a role model.